On the eighth day of Christmas, ISA CP gave to me: programs where I can learn by serving.
‘Tis the season for giving back. Dig a little deeper this summer and make the world your classroom with these academic and service-learning programs in the Dominican Republic.
International Service Learning in the Dominican Republic with University of Florida
- Six weeks in Santiago, Dominican Republic during Summer 2013
- Service-learning opportunities in classrooms, clinics, and children’s services
- Excursions to 27 Charcos, Santo Domingo, and more
For more information and to apply: UF in the Dominican Republic
Social Cultural Exploration of Schooling in the Dominican Republic: Parallels, Tensions, and Lessons with Grand Valley State University
- Two weeks in Santiago, Dominican Republic during Summer 2013
- Graduate-level credit
- Comparative study and application of the local educational system
- Serve the Dominican people through a local community organization
- Excursions to La Romana, Museum of Mirabal Sisters, and Santo Domingo
For more information and to apply: GVSU Graduate Education
*Please note that because these programs are administered by a U.S. university (not by ISA), you should discuss your interest in these programs with your study abroad office and academic advisor before applying to determine your eligibility for academic credit and financial aid. The eligibility requirements, application process, and program fees for these programs will vary and are determined by the U.S. university administering the program.