You may have expected beautiful beaches, incredible weather and extraordinarily friendly people, but here are 5 things you might not expect from our study abroad program in Florianópolis, Brazil!
- Courses in English: There is no language prerequisite to study in Florianópolis! You can begin learning the Portuguese language and take Business and Culture classes in English. Popular classes include Tourism Management and Environment in Brazil and Cultural Anthropology with a Contemporary Cultural Studies Approach.
- Volunteer Opportunities: ISA has connections with several volunteer societies in Florianópolis. Why not integrate yourself further into the Brazil community and practice your Portuguese with locals!
- Oktoberfest in Blumenau: Find yourself in the German town Blumenau for Oktoberfest this Fall! ISA hosts an excursion to this German community during the festival so students can take part in the German celebration: Brazil style.
- Dance Lessons: Students can take part in a dance workshop where they learn the basics and the history of several traditional Brazilian dances like Samba, Zouk and Forró
- Support: The visa process can be daunting which is why students have access to visa support. The Resident Staff in Brazil is very hands on with our ISA students. They are there to support you in everyday Brazilian life; like what to eat, how to get a bus pass and where to hang out and they are also there for larger issues such as housing and academics.