Australia’s Gold Coast: a modern region of high-rises built around some of the most pristine beaches in the world (over 40 miles of beaches to be exact!). Within the region, visitors find diverse activity options ranging from theme parks to sporting events and festivals to hiking. It’s just the place to spend a semester studying abroad this fall.
Here are 5 reasons why:
1) Trimesters – Bond University is one of few Australian universities that function on a trimester academic calendar. What does this mean? For starters, the trimester academic calendar aligns well with the traditional US academic schedules, meaning a fall semester abroad at Bond runs from early September through mid December instead of early July to mid November like many other Australian universities. Secondly, the trimester schedule means that more academics can be covered within a calendar year, so students will still be completing a full semester’s worth of credits (12 US credits) during their semester abroad. Consider back-to-back semesters, complete more credits and soak up more of all the beauty Australia has to offer!
2) Small Student-Staff Ratio – At Bond, class sizes are small, giving students the personalized attention and mentoring they deserve. The University offers a diverse selection of courses to study abroad students within multiple disciplines including business, health sciences, law, society and design. Not only that, but students have unprecedented access to state-of-the-art education facilities, providing an environment to apply their profession as they learn it.
3) Campus and Social Life – Bond has a real community feel and vibrant student social life. Students will have the time of their life with over 70 sporting and social clubs, one of Queensland’s leading fitness centers, cafes, restaurants and support services all available on campus.
4) Full Meal Plan Available – A full meal plan is one of the many amenities offered by the university. Students who select ISA’s “On Campus with Meals” option will have dorm-style accommodations, on campus, and have the full meal plan included within their ISA housing fees. Students opting to live in other, off campus housing arranged by ISA may also purchase the meal plan directly from the university upon arrival.
5) Reduced Prices – Save $800 with the recent reduction in ISA program fees but get the same great inclusions!